Thursday, April 22, 2010

Carrie Underwood Supports My Restaurant Theory

If you've been following this blog for a while, you've read the two posts that I've written regarding restaurants.  The information in those posts are hardcore facts.  :)


In a recent interview, Carrie Underwood, of American Idol fame, said this:



"I think the hardest thing about what I do is eating [healthy] because we're all over the place. It's fast food, there's aftershow food, you get pizza, whatever.I don't do that. I don't eat out ever."


"Every once in a while I have a day off and I might go to a restaurant — but no aftershow food and I keep my fridge stocked. It's all about making a conscious effort. I don't do anything crazy, but I definitely try to take care of myself."


Carrie could be exaggerating a little bit, and if she is telling the truth she might be a little too extreme.  You never know with these celebrities.  In any case, what she is saying is true, and it is basically what I said in my two posts entitled "Beware of Restaurants".  The truth is that whenever someone else prepares your food, you have no control of how much of the ingredients they are using.  And most restaurants are only concerned about how their food tastes, because that will keep you coming back.  If that means adding buckets of fat and sodium to food to enhance the taste, they do it.  


Fats and sodium can also be used as preservatives as well.  Restaurants wouldn't want to buy foods that last only a day or two on the shelf.  That could mean huge losses of business is slow.


Happy eating

No comments: