Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What's Keeping You From Exercising?

It's no secret that physical exercise is essential to well-being, yet millions of people will not do it.  Even though exercising makes you feel great, helps you lose weight, tones your muscles people won't do it.  Even when someone can stay focused long enough to see physical results, they somehow continue to fall off the bandwagon and go back to leading their sedentary lifestyles.

I want to know, right now, what are the top 3 reasons why YOU don't exercise on a regular basis.  I want every single person that reads this page to leave a comment and give their reasons.  Feel free to comment anonymously, it's just to stimulate discussion.

Maybe by leaving a comment and by reading other people's comments, you will see that you are not alone in being lazy!  haha

I'll start:  I do my best to work out regularly, but when I don't work out, I would say my top 3 reasons usually are:

  1. I am too exhausted from my day at work
  2. I'm too hungry/weak because I was bad and skipped a meal
  3. I was in a bad mood
Your turn.........

10 comments:

Ozkr said...

1 I feel sleepy m ost of the time
2 I don't have a work out buddy
3 I don't see results in short time

Unknown said...

1. I feel like it takes up too much time. When I come home from work, workout, shower, cook, eat, I feel like I have to go to bed right after and didn't get to have any down time.

2. It takes forever to wash, dry, and straighten my hair, and I'd rather not do it all the time.

3. If I want to do something like go to the movies during the week, I feel like I don't have time to workout after because it's too late before I have to go to sleep.

ribbij said...

1. tired
2. feel I don't have time
3. bad weather

Nicole said...

1. No time
2. I have a test/paper that is due
3. I just want to have some down time for a little while

Laura_G said...

1) I hate to sweat

2) I have exercise induced asthma and I have a really difficult time breathing during anything that involves cardio.

3) I have been REALLY exercising for the past 6 weeks and have managed to put ON 12 pounds (and inches as well), therefore I get really frustrated, as I am now, and end up giving up.

Unknown said...

1. I get home from work so late, there isn't any time to exercise, have dinner and have a little relaxation time and go to bed at a decent hour;

2. I am LAZY; and

3. Like Laura, I don't like to sweat!

Kris said...

Good good. These are interesting reasons. There's a reason for this. I've developing a workout and meal plan that's simple and quick. :)

cici said...

1. When i'm in Vegas

2. When i have special visitors in town!

3. When i have cramps!!! like really bad ones!!

Unknown said...

1. Lazy
2. Lazy
3. Lazy
No excuses. Not motivated to keep up a routine. I start off good, but then want immediate results and become impatient when the results don't show.

Gina P said...

1) No motivation in the morning (well my morning doesn't really start until 11a b/c I work 5pm-1am)

2) I don't like workout DVDs and refuse to go to the pitiful gyms around here

3) Depression/stress